The Governing Council is a 22-member oversight board for SSD consisting of one Board of Education member from each of St. Louis County’s 22 public school districts.
The Governing Council reviews and approves the district’s annual budget; reviews and approves a five-year rolling plan for the district; and interviews and elects the seven members of the SSD Board of Education.
An American Sign Language interpreter will be provided at Governing Council meetings.
For the latest information on the Governing Council’s meeting schedule, call 314.989.8281.
Up to 15 minutes of each Governing Council meeting will be set aside to hear public comments. During this time in which Governing Council meetings are being conducted electronically, the following will apply:
- All persons wishing to make comments at a public Governing Council meeting must submit comments in writing by email to Governing Council assistant Rita Boughan at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on the day of the meeting.
- Each comment must be accompanied by the sender’s name and address and agenda item you want to discuss.
- The Governing Council will read aloud all comments submitted during the public comments portion of the meeting.
- As in a traditional Governing Council meeting, each comment is limited to three minutes to address any item that is on the Governing Council agenda. No confidential or personnel-related topics are allowed.
- Comments will be read in the order that they were received by email.